Regional Investor Assistance Centre:
Fundusz Górnośląski SA
ul. Powstańców 17
phone: +48 32 72 85 800 extension nr: 203, 128
fax: +48 32 728 58 03
09 August 2017
Invest in Dąbrowa Górnicza
The attractive location of Dąbrowa Górnicza provides access to the existing markets of Poland, and of North Moravia in the Czech Republic. A forwarding station links Poland with Ukraine, Russia and Asia. The historic Warsaw-Vienna railway (the first railway line in the “Congress” Kingdom of Poland), and the Iwanogrdzka-Dąbrowska Railway run through Dąbrowa Górnicza. Katowice International Airport is about 20 km from the city, and can be easily and quickly reached by expressway.
Location of the city:
- Poland is situated in Central Europe, and, since May 2004, has been a member state of the European Union.
- The country is located at the intersection of transport routes linking North with South and East with West. An area of 312,000 km2 is inhabited by over 38 million people.
- The Silesian Voivodeship is situated in the South of Poland, bordering Slovakia and the Czech Republic. It also borders with voivodeships of Opole, Łódź, Świętokrzyskie and Lesser Poland. It covers an area of 12,334km2, which amounts to 3,9% of the total area of the country.
- The Upper Silesian Metropolitan Association is an association of cities adjoining one another, for a distance of roughly 70km, from Dąbrowa Górnicza to Gliwice, with a total area of 1218 km2 (almost a fifth of the area of the Silesian Voivodeship).
- Dąbrowa Górnicza is the largest city in the Upper Silesian Province in terms of area, covering 189km2, and is situated between two provincial capitals (which are economic, educational and cultural centres), Katowice and Cracow.
There are no less than six European capitals within a 600km radius of Dąbrowa Górnicza:
- Warsaw 270 km
- Berlin 540 km
- Bratislava 380 km
- Budapest 450 km
- Prague 400 km
- Vienna 450 km
Distances from the border crossings:
- Slovakia Zwardoń (170km), Chyżne (170km)
- Czech Republic Cieszyn (100km)
- Germany Zgorzelec (350km)
- Ukraine Medyka (320km)
- Two out of the 10 trans-European routes intersect in the Dąbrowa Górnicza area: the Berlin – Wrocław – Katowice – Lviv and Gdańsk – Katowice - Žylina corridors.
- A high density of road infrastructure.
- The best developed local public transport in Poland.
- Upper Silesian Conurbation – here the A1 and A4 motorways intersect.
- 50% of domestic rail transport is within the Silesian Voivodeship.
- The rail journey from Sosnowiec to Warsaw – 2 hours 30 minutes (270 km).
- Dąbrowa Górnicza (map of Poland, with roads, connections and terminal marked) situated at the intersection of two national roads DK 94 (Cracow–Wrocław) and DK 1 (Cieszyn– Gdańsk).
- Excellent connections with international routes:
- west-east (the route connecting Nuremberg - Dresden - Wrocław - Katowice - Lviv - Kiev),
- north-south (Scandinavia - Gdańsk - Warsaw - Cracow - Ostrava).
- Water transport is ensured thanks to the Gliwice Canal, 50km from Dąbrowa Górnicza, linking the river port of Gliwice with Szczecin.
- Close to Dąbrowa Górnicza, there is the EUROTERMINAL, the International Shipping Centre, in Sławków, with a wide-gauge line enabling freight-forwarding to Ukraine, Russia and Asia. There is a direct connection with the Intercontinental Trans-Siberian Railway (the former Silk Road), from China, through Kazakhstan, and thus transport to the Far East.
- Two international airports are within a 70 km radius: Katowice airport, (24 km from Dąbrowa Górnicza), and Cracow Balice airport, 70 km away.
- Katowice International Airport is the third largest airport in Poland, in terms of passenger numbers. In 2016 at Katowice International Airport was opened a new cargo terminal Cargo City. Their warehouses here has DHL, Fedex, UPS and TNT. The total area of the terminal is 5 700,73m2, including storage area 2 380.45 m2. Office space is 3,320.28 m2.
- The airport at Ostrava, in the Czech Republic, is 130km away.
More info: http://www.dabrowa-gornicza.com/en/