The EU’s worldwide network of trade agreements cuts customs duties or removes them altogether.
To benefit from lower or zero duties, certain "rules of origin" need to be respected.
ROSA– the new Rules of Origin Self-Assessment tool in Access2Markets – offers guidance in simple steps to determine the rules of origin for your products.
The interactive guide covers your exports to or imports from*
- Central America (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama)
- Colombia, Peru and Ecuador
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
*Further countries to be added soon
ROSA is a one-stop-shop for rules of origin for your product under the EU trade agreements listed above.
ROSAis free and easy to use!
How does it work?
Go to My Trade Assistant and enter
- the product
- the country of export
- the country of import
- click on Rules of origin in the left side menu to get your result
ROSA gives you
- the rules of origin for your product under each agreement
- a step-by-step check-list to see if your product meets the criteria for preferential rules of origin treatment
- an explanation of rules of origin requirements and terms
- practical examples
- direct access to legal texts
- a tailored self-assessment report based on your answers that you can download or print
- an overview of rules of origin procedures
Work directly with your suppliers
You can use ROSA to notify your suppliers directly so they can
- check rules of origin
- correctly fill in the supplier’s declaration
Compare rules across several markets
Use ROSA to compare product-specific rules under different EU trade agreements.
ROSA is currently available in English but will continue to evolve, including more language versions and more EU trade agreements.
General information on rules of origin